Re: Preprocessor Problem?

linguist-gcc@rich-paul.net wrote:- > Thank you both ... these files were indeed dragged from a dos machine, with > their damn line endings intact. > > I'm also pleased to know that the new version ignores this ... I've always > thought that the best way to handle CR's in a text file was to ignore them > intirely ... this would tend to be the 'right thing' in most cases ... like > shell scripts and programs, and eliminate one source of DOS annoyance. Even better, soon (not quite in the snapshots yet) the preprocessor will warn if it encounters a backslash separated by whitespace from any of the 4 newline possibilities. Neil.