Re: Big find_cross_jump performance regression.

> Meanwhile, because I'm curious, can you change in jump_optimize_1() all
> calls to find_cross_jump() to not use BRANCH_COST in the third argument
> but instead simply have a 2 there (as the whole third argument), as in
> find_cross_jump(foo, bar, 2, &bla, &baz) and measure again?  I'm just
> interested if it has any effect, but as I simply can't reproduce...

Bingo.  I basically reverted the patch

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2000-05/msg00414.html

installed by Richard Henderson on May 18 in response to an example of mine of
poor jump code generation on the alpha :-) and the main loop in jump_optimize_1
was executed only 19 times, 17 of which were caused by the same reasons as
before.

The new output of gcov on jump.c when run on this file is at

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~lucier/jump-new.c.gcov.gz

Brad