How "broken" is C complex number support?

According to http://gcc.gnu.org/c9xstatus.html, support for the C99
complex type is currently "broken."  What exactly does this mean?  Is it
just that complex numbers in gcc (a longstanding extension) have some
minor technical incompatibilities with the C99 specification?  Or is even
the gcc version seriously buggy?

The reason I ask is because I want to use complex types in a program, and
I am wondering if they are in a usable state in gcc 2.95.2.  At first
glance, it seems that complex numbers basically work (trivial test
programs work fine), but I am wondering what gotchas might be lurking.

Thanks!

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson