Re: -traditional comment elimination (yuk...)

Dave Brolley wrote:- > One way to get it almost completely right with little effort and > without affecting the performance of non -traditional > compilations would be to use an intermediate text file for > -traditional even when the preprocessor becomes integrated. We're > going to need this capability anyway in order to support -P and > -E. Hmmm, supporting -E is trivial at present, even when integrated. I'm starting to believe a temporary file file for -traditional is the right way to go. I still have a problem to fix with &&, though, since the new lexer sees #if 1 &/**/& 1 as containing a single && token. It should be easily fixable through a new TRAD_COMMENT flag for the initial & token, or suchlike, which would be treated as a whitespace separator without actually outputting whitespace. Neil.