Re: rfc: new libgcc build mechanism

Donn Terry wrote:

> Sort of as a poll: on what systems is the getconf
> command not present, and which ones have it but not
> in the default path?  Since
>   getconf CS_PATH
> is supposed to return the path to the POSIX conforming

That's the path all right.  I think the exe name is needed...

  CS_PATH The value of the PATH environment variable.

  PATH    The path through which the shell searches for a specified command.

  $ getconf PATH
  /bin:/usr/bin

  $ getconf CS_PATH
  /bin:/usr/bin

This should not be used for autoconf, however, because
someone may be configuring for a private environment.

  PATH=`getconf CS_PATH`

inside configure would make that rather difficult.  :)

Cheers,
	Bruce