Re: New OSR5/GCC problem

Robert Lipe wrote:
> Well, it looks like we munched the decl for abs(double)
> which is exactly what it's crowing about

This is the "fix" that whacks you:

  /*
   *  get rid of bogus inline definitions in HP-UX 8.0
   */
  fix = {
    hackname = hpux8_bogus_inlines;
    files    = math.h;
    select   = inline;
    sed = "s@inline int abs(int [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@extern \"C\" int abs(int);@";
    sed = "s@inline double abs(double [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@@";
    sed = "s@inline int sqr(int [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@@";
    sed = "s@inline double sqr(double [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@@";
  };

which means the fix that is required for HP-UX is
prohibited for OSR5.  I did not notice, because I
don't have anything that builds floating point apps.  :)

Shell we add:

    bypass = 'The Santa Cruz Operation';

or:

    mach  = "*hpux*";

or, can we do a better characterization of those systems
where this fix is needed vs. where unwanted?