Re: CXX Success Stories ???

blake-carlson@uiowa.edu wrote:

> I had a bit of scientific code handed down to me which I've been trying
> to understand and optimize for the last few weeks.  With GCC (and the
> best combination of flags I could find) the runtime was about 40 minutes.
> With CXX and the '-fast' flag, the runtime was reduced to 3 minutes on the
> same machine (DP264) yielding nearly identical results!

Right now a lot of work is being put into improving g++; I believe that
any code that runs 13 times as fast when compiled with cxx than when
compiled with the current development version of g++ would be of great
interest to the gcc developers.  Please consider making your code
available to them; see

http://gcc.gnu.org

for the mailing lists and other information.

Brad Lucier