Re: Was that the (a?) "standard" copyright assignment

> What would be rude, is to demand they file
> an assignment for it.  That isn't the way volunteerism works.  They
> are gifts by people that feel like giving.

You've twisted what happened...

On February 11, 2000 stan wrote:

"ideally we'd like to do things in
a way that will be of interest to the whole GCC community, and so I
plan to be sending a lot of mail to this list (get your killfiles set
up now :-) ), asking for ideas and suggestions."

Idealistically I agree, but I need to see the contract before contributing
my time for free. You see, I'm not asking for anything for free (but Stan
did); I'm asking to be able to prudently read a contract that will determine
how what I send to Apple will be used.

I have no idea what that contract says. Apparently it is not a stock
contract. I'll simply have to read the specific contract and then and only
then decide what to do.

> You have no right to
> demand they give.  If you want that right, they will gladly sell it to
> you, just pull out your checkbook and start writing.

Excuse me? We pay Apple good money to get software. You have it backwards.

> Also, it gives me a way of not assigning, if we choose to not
> assign for any reason.

OK, I send ideas and code to, say for instance, Apple and they choose not to
assign... is that the way it works?

Anyways, I feel I've made my point, so I'll see if I can get the contract
and find out the details. Until that happens it is all hearsay.

Thanks A Bunch! David Young; VVI-DCS
dyoung@vvi.com