Re: Would alias analysis help WRT builtin memmove -> builtin memcpy ?

  In message <200003292334.SAA02200@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
  > Right, but then shouldn't it have returned set 0, not 11?
Depends on the code :-)  I believe if you had casted the arg to a void *
then you would have got an alias set zero.  Actually, wait, you have two
pointers, not two MEMs -- how are you checking alias sets in that case
since the alias set is a property of the MEM, not the address.

So, no, I don't see a way to do easily what you want since our aliasing
code is designed to work on MEMs, not addresses.

You might be able to generate a MEM with the unknown alias set (-1 I think)
and pass that to the aliasing routines.  Not really sure.

jeff