GCC gets a new Release Manager

Managing GCC is a large and difficult task. It requires a lot of time
and nerves. Jeff Law, who managed the egcs and gcc-2.95 releases finally
decided to step back and get a real life again.

The steering committee appoints Mark Mitchell, of CodeSourcery, as the new
release manager. He (with help from Alex Samuel and other CodeSourcery
personnel), will manage the next major GCC release(s). We also welcome
for this demanding job.

We'd also like to thank Jeff Law for the massive amounts of work he
invested in previous egcs & gcc releases (thanks!!), and we also like to
thank CodeSourcery, which will provide time from Mark, Alex and other
people to work on GCC releases.

Mark (with support from the SC) will lay out the guidelines for the next
GCC release and will decide all questions regarding it. Please help him
where you can.

The GCC steering committee,
now consisting of:

Per Bothner