Re: 2.95.2 missing files?

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2000, Derek Greer <dgreer@fedex.com> wrote:
>
> > re-read my original email you will see that I said the program WOULD
> > NOT compile when I attempted to compile it on the same operating
> > system I installed it on (Solaris 2.5.1).
>
> Do you mean you build GCC from *sources* on Solaris 2.5.1 and it won't
> compile programs that include certain headers?

Yes.

>  Didn't you just
> install some pre-compiled binary for 2.6?

What happened was that I installed the gcc in my home directory because I
didn't want to inadvertently overwrite anything accidentally.  When I
installed it, I was on 2.5.1.  When I tried to compile my program, it didn't
like some things in sockets.h.  My home directory is also mounted to a system
running 2.6 so I figured I could try it on that system just to see what
happens.  Once I logged into the 2.6. system I was able to compile the
program without errors.

> If not, could it be that some patches that modified header files have
> been installed after GCC?

That could be.  This system has been around a few years so it is possible
files have been modified.