2.95.2 missing files?

I recently downloaded gcc 2.95.2 and installed it on a Sparc 2.5.1
system.
After installing and attempting to compile a piece of code which relied
on
sockets.h it coughed because it didn't like the header it was finding.
Upon
investigation I discovered that the gcc package didn't install a version
of
sockets.h and the one in /usr/include was incompatible with the gcc
compiler.  Since I installed the entire package in my home directory
which
is also mounted to a Sparc 2.6 machine I decided to try it out there and
it
worked with that version.  Are sockets not supported with gcc 2.95.2?
Can gcc 2.95.2 not stand alone as a complete replacement of the compiler

that comes with Sun boxes?

Derek Greer
FedEx Internet Development