Re: Patch to allow strlen expander to fail

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> said:

[...]

>   > Is there some documentation about the functions gcc might generate calls
>   > to?

> No, and any such documentation would have the caveat that the conditions
> under which GCC will use a libcall can change without warning or
> predictability.

That is OK with me.

> Any code which depends on gcc generating or not generating libcalls is
> broken.

That is exactly what I'm trying to say: If you want to use gcc as a
freestanding C implementation, you'll have to provide those "libc" functions
gcc might generate calls to. Advance notice of the possibility is in order
IMHO.
--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Viņa del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616