Help w/GNU Fortran

 Hello,

 My name is Alejandro Parra and I'm a GNU Fortran user. I am having a
 problem that may look simple but I haven't been able to solve. I hope you
 can help me.

 I am using GNU Fortran version 0.5.19 running on the standard MS-DOS
 version that comes with Windows 95.

 When I compile a program, a lot of information (errors, warnings, etc.)
 regarding the compilation process is printed on the screen. The screen
 overflows with information so that I cannot see what was printed at the
 very beginning of the proceess, because by the time the compilation has
 finished, I cannot scroll back to the beginning.

 In order to solve this problem I have tried pausing the process, or
 sending the output to a file:

            g77 fortrancode.f > file.txt

 or even printing the information:

 	   g77 fortrancode.f > prn

 ,and nothing works.

 When I send to a file, a file.txt is created, only to find out that it is
 empty when I open it.

 Can you help  me?

 Yours,

 Alejandro Parra