Re: 64-bit support on Sparc

On Mon, Mar 31, 2036 at 05:38:25AM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Somebody asked me its status.  I know it exists, but how well does it work?

If you don't use float/double/long double anywhere in the code, then current
CVS should work for most things.
If you want floating stuff, then there are several pending patches
(SUBREG_BYTE which changes almost all gcc/ files) and then a few minor
patches (I've resent some of them and sent references to few others
yesterday to gcc-patches) and the result is a usable compiler. It still has
some glitches (like some c++ testsuites failing) but e.g. the c compiler
compiles full GNU libc without any problems, bootstraps etc.
I'll repost updated SUBREG_BYTE patch soon.

Cheers,
    Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jakub@redhat.com | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/~jj
Linux version 2.3.47 on a sparc64 machine (1343.49 BogoMips)