Re: BINFO_OFFSET

> Date: Sun, 20 Feb 00 08:45:20 EST
> From: kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner)
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> Sometimes it's passed to ssize_binop,

I think these calls to ssize_binop are wrong.  I think they should all
be size_binop.  They all happen in cp/class.c as far as I can tell.

> I'm looking at all calls to size_binop and it appears there are
> whole bunch of typing errors in the cp directory: I want to have
> size_binop abort if it is called with invalid types of operands.

Sounds good, but before doing it, the cp code will have to be fixed.

Some of the uses are + (base + offset, 0 - offset) to get base, some
of them are - (base+offset, offset) to get base and so on.  In the
generated code, it should never matter that they are signed or
unsigned, so the error is a relatively harmless one.