Re: libstdc++ clashes with libC system library on Irix 6.5

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:37:40 +0100 ("MET), Wolfram Gloger wrote:
>> We are lucky that SGI open sourced the OpenGL reference implementation a
>> couple of weeks ago, so I was able to compile libGLU with gcc-2.95.2 on an
>> Octane running IRIX 6.5.3. It took me an afternoon to hack the Makefiles
>> and reconstruct the missing header files, but it works. I still have to
>> find out what the SGI freeware license requires me to do with the patches,
>> but if you need libGLU with gcc-2.95.2, just drop me a line.
>
> I did exactly the same 10 days ago, and the resulting libGLU.so seems
> to work just fine with gcc-2.95.2 (only limited testing so far,
> though).  I actually didn't have to reconstruct header files
> (everything but libGLU didn't build, however), only a more or less
> trivial patch, which I've already send to the OpenGL-Sample-mailing
> list (archive is available via http://oss.sgi.com).

Hmm, I couldn't get the stuff compiled with the installation instructions,
so I had to do it the hard way. Didn't really matter, because I only
needed libGLU, the other libaries are still the same. My system lacked
definitions for GLU_OBJECT_PARAMETRIC_ERROR and the like, so I had to
reconstruct them using fglu.h (sed is your friend ;-).

> Also, I asked on that list whether it is OK to distribute the
> resulting libGLU.so, and this was deemed OK under the provision that
> it is clearly marked not to come from SGI.

OK, cool.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl