Re: Merged ARM-Thumb branch...

>If you do submit it then they are almost certainly going to want to
>know why this patch is necessary...

Richard's analysis (see the archives) explains most of it from what I remember.

>Also - since most to the two functions are the same, why duplicate the
>code ?  Wouldn't it be easier to perform the addressof specific tests
>first and then just tailcall rtx_equal_p() if they all pass ?

Well, the `for_addressof' version actually performs a subset of the full
checks.  I'd have to check the code again to remind myself exactly what goes
on, but the basic idea was that two values were equal for addressof purposes
even if they were in different modes.

p.