Re: expect instability in cpplib for the next week or two

    Zack> I'm doing some major rewriting of parts of cpplib.

I'm a big supporter of your work.  I'm really looking forward to the
integrated preprocessor!

    Zack> means that bugs like -U causing an internal error may not
    Zack> get fixed very fast.

But, it would be really good if we can get some of these things fixed
soon.  The problem is that we've now cut over to cpplib by default.
That means that bugs in cpplib prevent us from working on the rest of
the compiler.  For example, the -U bug means that you can't bootstrap
on MIPS: there's a default -U in the specs somewhere.  I know we can
configure around this -- but it's going to make life difficult for a
lot of folks.

Lots of applications are built with explicit -U options; this bug will
make it hard for people to test the rest of the compiler.

I think we should still make it a priority to fix those bugs that
aren't too obscure -- and -U is one of those.  Even if it's grotesque,
let's find a temporary work-around for this.