Re: Language-specific libraries and `gcc' driver

> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:01:07 +0100
> From: Peter Gerwinski <peter@gerwinski.de>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> when implementing a frontend to GCC, I place the specs for the
> compiler in the `lang-specs.h' file, so the `gcc' driver program
> knows how to compile source files for my language.

> However, `gcc' does not know about the language-specific run
> time library but only links against libc (and perhaps libgcc).

> How can I tell the driver about my language-specific libraries?

Currently, there isn't a good way.  :-(

It would be nice to add support to gcc to let it know about the
runtime libraries.  One problem is gcc foo.o style compiling doesn't
otherwise indicate which possible language was in use.  One could nm
the file, and then make guesses, or just add in all the runtimes for
all languages, but...