RE: Problem w/PIC and C++ exceptions in 2.95 on IA-32

I've been trying to build 2.95.2 for the Sequent (Dynix 4.4.2-4.4.6)
and it fails to build when it encounters class ios.

In class ios, any member function that is defined in the class and
then subsequently used in the class is not found in the class.
This occurs when, in stage 3, libio/builtinbuf.h is referenced.

This has occured since egcs 1.1.2 (1.1.1 and earlier built just fine
after makaing sure follwing was defined [xm-siglist.h is included
by default and is incorrect]:

/* DYNIX/ptx provides no sys_siglist.  */
#undef SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED
#define NO_SYS_SIGLIST 1

so collect2.c builds correctly.

And gcc 2.96 snapshots segfault while building, a gcc 2.95.3 would be
of use to my company (unless a working, released version 2.96 is coming
soon).

Eric Dana
BMC Software Inc.