Re: Language-specific libraries and `gcc' driver

> Hello,
>
> when implementing a frontend to GCC, I place the specs for the
> compiler in the `lang-specs.h' file, so the `gcc' driver program
> knows how to compile source files for my language.
>
> However, `gcc' does not know about the language-specific run
> time library but only links against libc (and perhaps libgcc).
>
> How can I tell the driver about my language-specific libraries?

We have the same issue with C++ and Fortran: if you link by specifying
gcc, the language-specific libraries won't be included by default.
The solution is to provide separate driver programs, named g++ and
g77, that in essence invoke gcc with additional flags to cause the
libraries to be included.

I think that Pascal should work the same way.