Re: Converting the gcc backend to a library?

Jamie Lokier wrote:

> > make -j would start making sense even on single processor system.
>
> It already makes sense if you've enough memory and more than no I/O.

OK:
root:~# size /lib/libc.so.6
 883468   13004   14620  911092   de6f4 /lib/libc.so.6

root:~# size /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/cc1
1775633   18920   86884 1881437  1cb55d
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.2/cc1
root:~#

make -j would start making more sense even on single processor systems.
(If mixing C and C++ code).

--
	Marcin Dalecki