Template instanciation of AIX targets

Dear all,

We heavily use GCC on Solaris & SGI platforms; it seems
that we have problems to instanciate templates on AIX targets
(we use '-frepo' to compile source files, then a "pre-link" of all
object files to instanciate templates).

On Solaris & SGI, the pre-link works fine, it ends up when no templates
remain to be instanciated (undefined of other external symbols remain,
but we do not care).

On AIX, at first attempt, no re-compilation took place at all; we
installed the GNU loader; since then, recompilation takes place during
pre-link phase, but the pre-link phase ends while a lot of templates
still remain to be instanciated (the message 'relinking'
only appears once); if I launch the pre-link by hand (ex: gcc *.o),
templates are instanciated again and again.

Is automatic template instanciation supposed to be effective on AIX as
it is on Solaris, or do we do something wrong on this platform that we
should not do ?

Any help from you will be welcome, since we run out of ideas at this
point ...

Many thanks,
                    Phil.
Philippe Nobili