Re: unresolved symbol terminate__Fv and __throw

> Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 18:29:11 +0100
> From: Vasili Goutas <vgo@ratio.de>

> Is there an option to tell the compiler not to use the exception things,
> so __throw will not needed?

-fno-exceptions as documented in the manual.  The answer to your next
question will be -fno-rtti.

> What about terminate__Fv?

It will go away with the above flag.

> Is it possible to implement this two functions, and if , what parameter
> do they need?

Sure, gcc -nostdlib -r -o t1.o t.o `gcc --print-libgcc` will resolve
all the symbols it can from the library and include those in the t1.o
file.

Note however that these will want some other runtime stuff (fprintf,
free, malloc, strcmp, abort, stderr, some of which may be less
applicable in the kernel than in userland.  abort, fprintf and stderr
should not actually be called so it is safe to stub them, as long as
you install your own terminate/unexpected handler.  I assume that you
are already familiar with malloc and strcmp.