Re: Linux vs. libio

?

> Instead, they'll both coexist, with a switch to choose which one to
> use, for the forseeable future.

Ick!  Jason!  Is this what you intended with this flag?  I never
attached the above meanings to this flag.

We normally would just put the ABI breaking chainges straight in, and
screw compatibility.  At some point, jason thought it would be good to
slow down breaking the ABI so he conditionalized the code so that it
could be tested, but that at release time (when we bought into
breaking the ABI), all the code conditional on the flag would enmass
become the default, and then we'd start all over and have a new set of
growing changes for the next ABI change.