failure notice

---------------------- Forwarded by Siu Bun Chu/HK/ABNAMRO/NL on 27/11/99 11:59
AM ---------------------------

MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.cygnus.com on 27/11/99 11:45:46 AM

To:   Siu Bun Chu/HK/ABNAMRO/NL@ABNAMRO
cc:
Subject:  failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.cygnus.com.

<gcc@gcc.gnu.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept message with empty Subject (#5.7.0)

From: Siu.Bun.Chu@ap.abnamro.com
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:40:00 +0800

When I tried to complie the Client.c, an error come out. How can I resolve this

# gcc -o client client.c -lsocket
inet_addr                           /var/tmp/cchrLbqU.o  (symbol belongs to impl
icit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to client
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have installed the GCC under \usr\local\bin

Environment :

HOME=/
HZ=100
LOGNAME=root
MAIL=/var/mail/root
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
SHELL=/sbin/sh
TERM=vt100
TZ=Hongkong
_INIT_PREV_LEVEL=S
_INIT_RUN_LEVEL=3
_INIT_RUN_NPREV=0
_INIT_UTS_ISA=sparc
_INIT_UTS_MACHINE=sun4m
_INIT_UTS_NODENAME=unix-sparc20
_INIT_UTS_PLATFORM=SUNW,SPARCstation-20
_INIT_UTS_RELEASE=5.7
_INIT_UTS_SYSNAME=SunOS
_INIT_UTS_VERSION=Generic_106541-05
#

Disclaimer:

"Any  unauthorized  form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
The  bank  does  not  guarantee  the  security of any information electronically
transmitted  and  is  not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the
information  contained  in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.
THE  USE  OF  EMAIL  FOR  ANY  ILLEGAL  PURPOSE OR FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN AS
PERMITTED  BY  THE  BANK  IS  STRICTLY  PROHIBITED  AND  SUCH  USE MAY RESULT IN
DISCIPLINARY AND LEGAL ACTION."