Re: May I propose an extension and ask how difficult this would be?

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 06:31:47PM -0800, Jason Merrill <jason@cygnus.com> wrote:
> FWIW, exception specifications are generally regarded in the committee as a
> failed idea, and most people recommend that you not use them.

However, wouldn't exception specifications allow better optimizing (esp.
"throw ()")?

For example, glibc adds "throw ()" to most (if not all) functions, which
could help the compiler a lot.

(I wished c++ functions had a default "throw ()" unless explicity
overwritten).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|