May I propose an extension and ask how difficult this would be?

One of the things that make Java coding a bit easier than C++ is that if an
exception is thrown in a Java method, then the exception must be caught or
declared in the method/function declaration of any function calling a method
which throws an exception.

How hard would it be to extend the C++ compiler so that I could add
"-fbe-pedantic-about-c++-exceptions" and get similar behavior?  This might
make debugging exception handling code far easier to deal with.

--
George T. Talbot
<george@moberg.com>