Re: 2.95,2 bug; can not create cross compiler

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 08:10:14AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:

> > > Yes, definitely a good idea. A patch in that direction will be highly
> > > appreciated -- just go ahead and install that! ;-)
> >
> > Perhaps configure should object if the option is not supplied and
> > host != target?
> >

> I don't use/like --with-headers. The header file is not the only
> problem. I have run into those lib*.a lib*.so/crt*.o problems. Here
> is a sanity check I use. BTW, you probably will only see those problems
> when you use a full C library like glibc 2, libc 5, ... Newlib is ok.

We've talked about moving libgcc in the past.  Maybe we should bite the bullet,
and move it completely into the target space that the other libraries are in.
Similarly for any f77/java/objc/c++/pascal/ada/etc. libraries.  From a
development point of view, having all the libraries in <target> is nice,
because you can blow away the directory and get everything rebuilt with one
build (assuming a fully populated tree).  In the past this never made sense,
because gcc was self-contained in one directory, but now since gcc uses
libiberity, it is no longer self-contained.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886