Re: Red Hat/Cygnus merger & GCC

  In message <87k8nhllpg.fsf@mharnois.workgroup.net>you write:
  > Sort of like having Microsoft as one player among many. "No, we won't
  > have any undue influence or control, how could you even begin to think
  > such a thing?"
I'm not sure if you're trying to be serious or not.

We absolutely do not want any individual or group to have control over
GCC development; many of us (myself included) have worked under the old
development regime and seen how badly GCC suffered as a result.

Because of those experiences we have set up this project with a fundamental
goal that the playing field should be level.  Thus, the formation of the
steering committee, multiple maintainers, etc.

If you believe Cygnus, Red Hat, or anyone else is taking advantage of their
position in the GCC project, I strongly recommend you post specific grievances.

jeff