Global object constructors

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any facilities, or recommended techniques, for
debugging global object constructors? Assume you have 500k of source
code that you have been given, and must identify a problem causing
heap corruption before main() is called. Ideally I'd like to be able
to walk the global constructor list and thus find the objects and
place appropriate checks in their constructors. I've been playing with
__static_initializers_and_destructors_0, but gdb gives all sorts of
spurious information from it. Identifying the global objects manually
by browinsg source files is tedious at best.

Any information is greatly appreciated,

m.

--
Programmer                         "I wrote a song about dental floss,
Loki Entertainment Software         but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?"