Re: gcc_tooldir is useless

Den 21-Sep-99 18:12:21 skrev Andreas Schwab fĝlgende om "Re: gcc_tooldir is useless":
> "Rask Ingemann Lambertsen" <rask@kampsax.k-net.dk> writes:

>|>    I've seen such problems trying to build a cross compiler, I think. What
>|> _is_ the difference between $(tooldir) and $(gcc_tooldir)?

> $(gcc_tooldir) is logically the same as $(tooldir), but contains some ".."
> parts that are supposed to lead relatively from $(libsubdir) to
> $(exec_prefix).  This will fail if any component between $(prefix) and
> $(libsubdir) does not exist or is a symlink to some unrelated directory.

   Ah, now I understand it. Yes, you are right, building a cross compiler
will never work the first time you try it. Only _after_ you have installed
it (which of course you can't because it didn't build in the first place)
and thus created $(libsubdir) can you successfully build it again.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen       | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.k-net.dk  |
| Registered Phase5 developer    | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| A4000, 866 kkeys/s (RC5-64)    | "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC  |
|    The impossible is only something that hasn't happened to you yet.   |