Re: Pending Projects

Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> As for deleting [float.h and limits.h], let's take that up later.
> We've got enough major projects in progress already ...

Speaking of which, I have that "no_bogosity" thread
in fixinc that I would like to turn on.  I have nailed
all the blockages to removing the silly grandfather
process (if you remember it), and have added support
for writing C routines for testing and applying fixes.
This is very useful for the "//" elimination fix.  :-)
In a couple of weeks, I would  like to do the following:

1.  Replace gcc/fixincludes with the current version
    of gcc/fixinc/inclhack.sh

2.  Remove the old-method commentary from gcc/Makefile.in

3.  Merge the no_bogosity path into the main line

It features the following:

a)  *Three* binaries are produced
    - fixincl (as today, but with specially coded fixes
               and fix application tests - and no
               grandfather process)
    - fixtests - run from within the new inclhack.sh
               takes two arguments: a file name and test name
    - fixfixes - takes *one* argument: a fix name
               processes stdin to stdout

b)  named tests and fixes can be added as C code
    to fixtests.c and fixfixes.c, respectively.
    Both are included in the fixincl binary.

c)  Replacement text fixes simplify the "wrapper" method.
    (I.e., the file is never massaged.  The text is
    simply written out.)