Autoincrement examples

I'm playing with a patch to improve the generation of auto-increment
addressing modes, e.g. by generating POST_MODIFY and PRE_MODIFY rtxs for
targets where this is possible.
If someone has (preferrably small) example code (for any target), which
shows how the compiler generates auto-increments either very well or very
badly, I'd like to get a copy of these test cases so I can make sure I'm not
pessimizing anything.
Please don't reply to the list; there's no reason to spam it with all these
test cases.

Bernd