Re: Post reload copy propagation?

  In message <14299.34598.526694.920052@andromeda.elec.canterbury.ac.nz>you wri
te:

  > Could anyone familiar with the GCSE pass tell me how feasible would it
  > be to run it on hard registers after reload?  This could help mop up
  > some unecessary copies introduced during reload and propagation of
  > registers used as function arguments.
You do have some technical issues to solve if you want to use it after reload.

  1. cse.c basically ignores hard registers.

  2. gcse does not update death notes in any way shape or form.

  3. redundant expression motion/removal after reload is effectively assignment
     motion and you can't compute safe motions in parallel since one motion
     is likely to effect another motion because we work strictly on hard regs.

Jeff