Re: type based aliasing again

    W have found over time, if we put an extension in the compiler, people will
    come to depend on it

I agree with you about this, but I am not proposing an extension.
Features have to be judged this way, but I am not proposing to add a
feature.  If you are thinking about this as a proposal for a feature,
I think you have not really understood the issue on the table.