Re: GCC 2.95.x: Major problems on Solaris (was: Lost specific.html FAQEntry)

>  1. I have already performed a couple of updates to
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ but it seems we still need some
>     further ones.
>
>     Patches and hints are most welcome, as are updates to existing stuff.

Possibly remind the reader/installer that when installing the 5.0 tools,
the "install all the patches" script on that CD (which the CD install
instructions assume that you run, of course) adds 107058-01 automatically.
I only /happened/ to catch the patch # scrolling by and /happened/ to
recall reading the specific.html blurb a month before.  I suspect some
people can get into problems this way.

>  5. Has someone experiencing these problems already submitted bug reports
>     to the binutils developers resp. Sun?

I can submit bugs to Sun (we have a support contract and I have some spare
time), but I found out this week that the mailserver at work is on the ORBS
blacklist :-( so I've been holding off from joining the discussion until I
can actually send mail to these lists.  I will be more than willing to help
once I convince the mail admin...

Phil