Re: GCC 2.95.x: Major problems on Solaris (was: Lost specific.html FAQEntry)

Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

>  5. Has someone experiencing these problems already submitted bug reports
>     to the binutils developers resp. Sun?

I haven't, under the assumption that the hint file entry in Perl saying
that GNU ld wouldn't work meant that this was a known problem.  If people
think it would help, I can try it again in a few days and put together a
fuller problem report.  Perl makes extensive use of dynamically loaded
modules, and the symptom that I was seeing was that when all of Perl was
linked with GNU ld, it couldn't load the dynamic modules that it had just
built.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>