code changes and i18n dependencies

Folks,
I just compiled my first CVS gcc after starting in my job. And I discovered
that I had to delete two files from the i18n dependency list
(gcc/po/POTFILES.in), namely cp/sig.c and gcc/sched.c.

So would those of you who change the code in such a way that results in either
files getting added or deleted PLEASE update gcc/po/POTFILES.in ?

At the moment it's not so much of a problem, as a) NLS is disabled by
default and b) only messages for en_UK exist.

But I have sent the master catalog file to the maintainer of the FSF i18n
project, Francois Pinoir, in the hope that translations start to get rolling
in (that is, besides the german one I'm working on).

It is my wish to get i18n in such a shape that we can start turning it on by
default and I'll start again working on contributing to that effort as soon
as I've really settled down.

And the moment i18n support becomes a reality, changes like the ones
mentioned above will hurt us.

On a side note. Jeff and Manfred, I just discovered that the current configury
links gcc/intl/libgettext.h to gcc/intl/libintl.h despite the fact that the
build system (linux and glibc2.1) has libintl.h in /usr/include and gcc was
configured to *not* use the included gettext. This results in link failure
because those headers differ in a number of macros.

Question now is how to resolve that failure. I solved it temporarily by
linking the system libintl.h to gcc/intl but would that also generally be the
right solution ?

--
	Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>

       close the window - the penguin is freezing

SuSE GmbH,                       Tel:   +49-911-7405330
Schanzaeckerstr. 10,             Fax:   +49-911-3206727
90443 Nuernberg,                 WWW:   http://www.suse.de
Germany