Re: Q: porting call_debugger() to g++

>  Look, argv[0] is exactly the string I need.
>  However, I cannot get it in a function.
>  How to pass this string around in a generic way has nothing
>  to do with /proc, the OS or gdb.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that it has anything to do with gcc design
and implementation which is what this list is about.

>   I would appreciate if people who are not trying to help
>   ignored this message, to save their own time.

In a way Mike was trying to help you by suggesting that your search
for an answer regarding this issue is better spent elsewhere.  There
are other mailing lists and news groups which can probably be more
helpful for this particular question.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |