Re: How to not fold constants?

  In message <37B0A847.B4EC8D0A@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>you write:
  > > Yes.  There might be integer expressions inside that we want to fold.
  >
  > Is that true - shouldn't the *frontend* decide how to interpret mixed
  > mode expressions ?  Or is fold-const.c so tied up with C that the
  > Fortran frontend probably shouldn't use it ?!?
fold-const.c is supposed to be generic enough to be used by any front end.  If
we need to extend the tree structures to indicate when certain folds are safe
vs not safe, then that's the way to deal with these problems.

Similarly for the folding routines found in cse & combine; they are supposed to
be language independent.

jeff