Re: RFC: line endings and specs parser

| Zack Weinberg <zack@bitmover.com> writes:
| >
| > Whatever you do apparently has to handle \n\r as well as \r\n, \r, \n.
| > See the lengthy discussion of this back in January:
| > "cpp w/DOS line feeds" was the subject, and the first entry is
| > http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs/1999-Jan/0783.html.
|
| Thanks! I'd forgotten about '\n\r' sequence.
|

| > What is the problem with using stdio to read the file?
| >

| It's just the way the specs parser is written. Besides, as Per Bothner
| pointed out, even that won't guarantee the correct conversions.

I'm coming into the discussion late, but any rewriting of the specs parser
needs to fix the bug that trips up anybody who edits specs files by hand,
namely requiring an extra blank line at the end file.  Also, it *MUST* handle
lines of any length, since specs tend to get rather large.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886