Re: RFC: line endings and specs parser

and Zack Weinberg <zack@bitmover.com> writes:
> What is the problem with using stdio to read the file?

In any case we can't count on stdio to do the "usual conversions".
It should do the conversion for the host platform, though on second
thought that may be enough.  I.e. for program files we can't depend
on the stdio for the conversions, if we want to be able to handle
DOS-style files and Unix and vice versa (and I think we should).
However, we have more control over specs files, and can make sure
they are always in the host-local format.
--
	--Per Bothner
bothner@pacbell.net  per@bothner.com   http://home.pacbell.net/bothner/