Cross compiler

Hi

I'm student from sweden and I loaded  "GCC 2.95, gzip format, 12.3Meg."
and I tried to build it  but I never success.

I tryied for three weeks ago and I had no chance to install it. I red
almost manual about how to do but it isn't work.
Do you have already builded cross compiler Sparc5 as HOST and PowerPC as
target??

Do you know some one who tryied to install a cross compiler and
sucessed?. Because it is very difficult to do it.

I need a step by step manual which is tested before by some.

I need any help you can offer to complite my Examination work.

Thank you very much

Aziz