Re: Illegal instruction (core dumped) on i586

> somehow, I don't see the explanations making sense...
>
> Joe is essentially saying "use at your own risk"...
>    that's not very helpful

It's hard to troubleshoot a product produced by a third party.
The best people to supply support for that product is those
people who made it.  The product produced by the gcc maintainers
is a source code release and I'm sure that they would be
interest in problems building their product on RedHat.

> It is certainly up to gcc maintainers to know what's new
> in libstc++-2.95 and what problems this may cause. That's
> the help I am trying to get here.

I'm sure that they do know what's new in libstc++-2.95, unfortunately
this isn't what you are asking about.  You are asking about problems
with a specific binary produced by a third party.  It's true that the
third party may have build the binary from gcc source code, however
there's a lot of variables outside of gcc maintainers control which
effect whether the binary in question will be useful for you.  Presumably
these variables are in the control of whoever built the binary.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |