Re: New G++ Project

[...]

> We will also be documenting this representation and the API (i.e.,
> the various tree macros and functions) that can be used to access
> the representation; this representation and the accompanying API
> could be used by a variety of tools that are interested in C++
> source, such as debuggers, intelligent editors, and source browsers.
> Although this work will be focused on the C++ front-end, we expect
> that the C front-end will also be able to make use of the same
> representation in the future.

That's great news.  By coincidence, I was just about to try again
doing one subpart of this myself (specifically for source browsers),
but it's obviously much better if someone else does it---especially
someone that knows what they're doing with the code (which I don't).

> --
> Mark Mitchell                   mark@codesourcery.com
> CodeSourcery, LLC               http://www.codesourcery.com

On another topic (which is slightly related), people may be interested
to know that there may soon be alternatives to VCG for looking at
graphs (not that there's anything particularly wrong with VCG, but a
choice isn't bad).  AT&T is in the process of releasing its graphviz
software, <URL:http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz>, under
some license conforming to some open source definition.  (The license
isn't there yet, but they're clearly working in the right direction.)