Documentation: Bugs

Hi again,

while going through the web-pages I found the buglist: bugs.html.
It contains:

  · only references to "EGCS" compilers :-(

and, in its C++ section

  · Bugs concerning egcs-1.1 only/egcs-1.1.1 only
  · Bugs concerning all egcs-versions
  · Bugs affecting even egcs-1.2!

I checked the described C++ bugs with the latest snapshot and they are
also bugs of gcc-2.95 :-(

Anyway, this file should be updated before the release of gcc-2.95!
I'd suggest to create a subdirectory bugs/ which contains files
egcs-1.1.html, egcs-1.2.html and gcc-2.95.html.  This way we can "freeze"
the known bugs of egcs* (for users coming late or using e.g. Linux
distributions with older egcs-compilers) and start a new buglist for
gcc-2.95 (which will propably grow after the release of gcc-2.95).  The
link on the main web page should point to either an index-file which has
links to all bug-files or to the latest (which is egcs-1.1.2 at the
moment), which itself should contain links to the others.  Another way
is to create one big file with different sections for different compiler
versions.

What do you think?

  Jonas

--
 "OS/2?  Hah.  I've got Linux.  What a cool name"  (Linus Torvalds)