Re: Neat little program that shows a bug in 07.18 snapshot of gcc

Across the ether fly the words of "David L. Thompson":
> Here is a little program that will not compile but should (afaic).
> Try and compile and you will get a declaration conflict. Is it a bug?
> How do I compile something like this? -fpermissive does not fix it.

I believe the declaration conflict is that main() is declared (and should
be defined) to return int.  If I compile your program on an older snapshot
using 'int main()' the only warning is about the unused variable.  Of
course, it's tough to tell anything for sure without seeing your output.

gary