Re: Placement new[] weirdness

Yes, this situation sucks.  But it's not a bug; the void* placement array
new as defined in the standard is inherently useless.  You might file a
defect report.

As you (Andrey) noted, egcs doesn't allocate space for the cookie if the
object type doesn't have a destructor; that was me trying to make it more
useful.  Perhaps I should have disabled the cookie for all cases of the
standard placement new, since there's no well-formed delete-expression you
can use to delete the result of such a new.

Jason